About Hataka Hobby Orange Line:
The range of specially formulated lacquer based paints optimised for airbrushing. The product was developed to satisfy needs of all modellers – it is perfect for professional use (application of many semi-transparent layers, gradual building of colours / colour shading, application of very fine lines, etc.), but also very forgiving to beginners.
It has significantly limited odour compared to other similar products, hence is more suitable for home use.
All colours are highly pigmented and permanent.
- Before using the paint mix it well by shaking the bottle (rattling of metal ball should be audible)
- Dilute the paint in a dedicated pot (outside of airbrush) in appx. 40/60 to 60/40 thinner to paint proportion with dedicated Hataka Hobby Lacquer Thinner (HTK-XP03)
- Pour the paint into the airbrush and paint with your favourite technique at recommended air pressures of 10-20psi
- Each modeller has its own painting style and technique, thus experimenting to find optimal dilution ratio and air pressure is always recommended
- The best adhesion to the plastic model is achieved on primed surfaces, however the paint adheres very strongly also to not primed surfaces
- The paint dries quickly to satin surface. Once fully dry (which can take up to 24h) the surface is waterproof and permanent
- All colours can be mixed with one another
- Do not mix with any water-based products!